WE ARE A NON-DENOMINATIONAL CHURCH PASSIONATE ABOUT LOVING OTHERS LIKE JESUS.
FIRST THINGS FIRST.
We put Jesus above everything else knowing that when we put first things first, everything else falls into place. Matthew 6:33
OUR MISSION: KNOW JESUS AND LOVE LIKE HIM.
Rocky Statement of Faith
While the following list is not an exhaustive list, it does represent the core of who we are and what we believe.
- There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is the creator and ruler of all things, and is the redeemer of mankind.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He died on the cross as a perfect sacrifice to pay the penalty for our sins, and God raised Him from the dead on the third day.
- The Holy Spirit is our guide and comforter. He empowers believers to fulfill God’s vision and purpose for their lives.
- People are created by God to have a personal relationship with Him. Sin severs our relationship with God and leaves us in need of rescue.
- Salvation is a gift offered to us by God’s grace apart from any personal work or achievement.
- The appropriate response to God’s grace is to believe, repent, confess, be baptized, and partner our lives deeper with Jesus, His church, and His mission.
- Biblical baptism is by immersion, as practiced and instructed by Jesus and the early church.
- The Bible is the authoritative Word of God, which guides all we say and do.
- We believe the Church is a community of people who know Jesus and love like Him.
1983 – First Christian Church of Longmont (now Lifebridge) asked the Ahlgrim family to launch a new church. At that point, Rocky Mountain Christian Church was just a vague dream. The Ahlgrim’s and their three young children agreed and began the adventure of launching a new church that would one day become the Rocky we know today. With the excitement of First Christian Church and about 150 pioneers, Rocky Mountain Christian Church held its first service in Niwot High School’s auditorium on April 1, 1984.
2012 – Alan Ahlgrim passed the baton on to Shan Moyers as Lead Pastor. A native of Oregon, Shan moved to Colorado in 2004 with his wife Jen and four kids: Grace, Maddie, Jake, and Luke.
Today – Rocky has blossomed from a group of people meeting at a high school into one church with multiple locations. We are excited to see what God will continue to do through this church and His people in the years to come!
JOIN US ON SUNDAY
We are a church in Northern Colorado with multiple locations.
Attend in-person at one of our locations or join us online for church!
FIRST TIME GUEST
We’d love to meet you the first time you visit Rocky! If you are looking for information, when you get here, check out our New Guest table in the lobby, or click the button below so we can get connected with you!