Rocky Mountain Christian Church is a non-denominational, Christian Church.
Statement of Faith
While the following list is not an exhaustive list, it does represent the core of who we are and what we believe:
- There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is the creator and ruler of all things and the redeemer of mankind.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He died on the cross as a perfect sacrifice to pay the penalty for our sins and God raised him from the dead on the third day.
- The Holy Spirit is our guide and comforter. He empowers believers to fulfill God’s vision and purpose for their lives.
- People are created by God to have a personal relationship with him. Each person’s willful decision to sin severs their relationship with God and leaves them lost, without hope, and in need of rescue.
- Salvation is a gift offered to us by God’s grace apart from any personal work or achievement. Salvation from sin is the common need of all people and can only be found through Jesus Christ.
- The appropriate response to God’s grace is to believe, repent, confess, be baptized, and partner our lives deeper with Jesus, his church and his mission.
- Biblical baptism is by immersion, as practiced and instructed by Jesus and the early church.
- The Bible is the authoritative Word of God which guides all we say and do. It is truth without error, and it is the source for knowing God’s will for our lives.
- The church is a faith community consisting of Christians everywhere. The New Testament provides clear instruction concerning how we should teach the Gospel as well as a pattern for church practices.
- Sharing and helping people understand the story and teachings of Jesus is every Christian’s privilege and responsibility.